Stewardship is taking care of what you own to extend its usefulness.
- What is your plan to keep expenses low? Start with decluttering!
- Do you have a hard time keeping track of resources and wonder if you are wasting them?
- Are supplies in order so both volunteers and staff can find and use them?
- Do you find sharing space to be difficult? It’s all about staying organized!
What does With Time to Spare offer non-profits?
1. Full Day Workshop
Seminar: Strategies for Organizing Your Work
The day begins with a 2 hour seminar where attendees learn the how-to’s of workplace organization, then they return to their offices to implement the changes.
In the seminar we cover how to:
- Apply the 5-Step Procedure to anything
- Streamine files using the innovative FileMAP® System
- Track vital papers using the 3D process
- Implement the single crucial paradigm that will change the way you work
- Establish a tracking system for time-sensitive documents
- Organize your computer files and emails
- Find any document in 30 seconds
- Gain 25-40% more filing space
- Reclaim 50% more usable storage space
- Save up to an hour a day
- Save money on supplies
Personalized and Individual Hands-On Coaching
Following the seminar and throughout the day, I rotate between attendees, providing individual assistance and accountability to organize their workspace or shared space. We will address specific concerns each person has and work through them with unique solutions.
Through this option, each participant will learn what to do with each new piece of information, understand how to improve work flow, achieve more productivity and worry less.
*** Need customization? Just ask!***
2. Seminar- Only
This two hour seminar will not only motivate and inspire, but it makes the concept of getting organized into a practical and manageable system. Improve workflow and productivity by implementing strategies such as:
- The 5-Step Procedure
- The FileMAP® System
- The 3D Process to track vital papers
- Strategies for In-Box Management (physical and digital)
- Tools to find any document in 30 seconds or less
- Gain more usable filing space
3. Individual Hands-On Coaching
4 hour minimum is required
Create a more effective space, lower stress and reduce wasteful expenses with hands-on organizing. Hourly services include:
- Implementing the 1 crucial paradigm that will change the way you work
- Establishing a tracking system for time-sensitive documents
- Decluttering desks, files, offices and shared spaces
- Organizing stock and storage rooms
- Streamlining computer files and email
- Filing papers and files in a way that you can find them in 30 seconds or less
- Freeing up more time to do more of what you love
These actual non-profit professional organizing transformation stories reflect common obstacles that each of us face. These projects were all completed in one day with the cooperative effort of the trainer and the individual.
The Executive Director Who Couldn’t Find a File
“Find a file in 30 seconds?” The Colorado Springs camp director balked, “Impossible!”
His files were messy and rumpled. The torn and battered manila folders stuffed into his hanging files made me understand why he believed that. “Thirty seconds or less should be the standard for accessing working documents,” I explained.
The manila folders were a big problem. It was no wonder he couldn’t find anything when he couldn’t read the tabs. So, we eliminated them and relabeled the hanging files. He can now see every file, and not only is he saving space, he is saving money by not replacing those manila folders that weren’t working to begin with.
THE RESULT: He can now find any file in less than 30 seconds!
The 25 Year Old Storage Room
A church had been using their church balcony as a storage unit and it reached its maximum, 25 years in the making. It was anyone’s guess how many items were stored there- everything from church decorations and holiday supplies, VBS and theater props to office supplies and defunct equipment.
We recruited help from a number of people and began removing items and sorting them. This took most of the day, but many hands makes light work, so we continued and inventoried the items and discussed ways to categorize them.
We reorganized items by placing them into fresh, well-marked boxes and placed them on accessible shelves rather than on and under tables.
THE RESULT: We were able to eliminate a dumpster of trash, recapture space and free up the balcony for church attendance!
My whole way of thinking and living has been changed! The five tips you recommended for organizing a desk were fantastic and I am using them. I truly have time to spare and I love it and I feel so together!
S. Gilliland, Citizens Against Crime
I see the surface of my desk! Great system to get organized! I thought the whole exercise was great. A real stress reliever. I can finally find my desk top.
S. Bailey, American Chemical Society
I must admit that, at the outset, I was quite skeptical as I knew your program would never work for me- I had been dealing with clutter for more than 20 years and I knew that this would never change. Was I ever wrong! Your practical advice and hands-on method of training have changed my office and my life! I thoroughly enjoy working at my clutter-free desk, in my clutter-free office.
L. Riordan, American Bureau of Shipping