One of the areas that many of my clients struggle with is effectively managing their time. That’s why I named my company With Time to Spare. I help organize people’s lives, spaces and systems because, bottom line, they want more time — more time to enjoy, more time to live, more time to spend with loved ones.
My website is chock full of great time-saving tips. Check out my five simple, but effective and time-tested ways to start the process of getting a grip on time management.
- Concentrate on and, if possible, complete one task or item at a time.
- Execute your to-do list smartly. Do your most-important tasks that are also short and easy first. Do your less important tasks, whether short or complex, last.
- Before leaving work each evening, make a to-do list for the things that need to be done the next day.
- Assign a place for everything in your office or cubical. Don’t be someone who always says, “Give me a minute, I can find it.” Instead, be someone who can say, “Just a second, I know exactly where that is.” Getting organized will always make work easier.
- Keep your desk free of papers you are not working on that day. You will be shocked at how much paper will depart from your desk! This prevents the important from being mixed up or lost among the unimportant.
Take a few minutes and discover 26 more experience-proven tips and techniques: 31 Ways to Spend Time Properly.