Attitudes are probably the most important element in our journey, as they define and mold us into who we really are. An old proverb states, “As a man thinks, so he is.”
I would go on to say, as a man orders his heart attitudes, so will he be.
The famed Renaissance man Leonardo da Vinci once said: “I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.”
We know how our habits can hinder us from obtaining the promises that order and organization bring. Let’s go deeper still and look at attitudes that will help us obtain the promises that order and organization give.
Someone once said, “I cannot always choose what happens TO me, but I can choose what happens IN me.” We cannot always control those things that happen to us, but our attitudes are within our control.
• Establish a consistent time of deep reflection, prayer or meditation.
• Stay focused on your purpose.
• Develop a contented heart. Materialism is one pest we can certainly do without.
• Defeat procrastination in your life. It’s a trap that will defeat your pursuit of order.
• Cultivate joy in the simple things. A joyful heart is a blessing for all involved.
• Identify and eliminate old outdated and negative ways of thinking and feeling.
• Realize that your attitudes need to be re-tweaked every day. They don’t automatically stay “good”, but you can confront them each day and work on them. Attitudes are habits of thought, so examine your thought habits daily.
• Your attitude has everything to do with order and organization. Successfully organized people don’t have fewer problems when it comes to establishing and maintaining order. They just have a different mind-set about the whole process.
• You must really WANT to change for it to occur. Change is possible if you really want it badly enough.
• “Your attitude is totally in your control…You can’t control the contour of your face, but you can control its expression. You can’t control the weather, but you can control the atmosphere of your mind.” ~S. Yusoontorn~
• I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it, and so it is with you. We are in charge of our attitudes.” ~Chuck Swindoll~
Attitudes, those deeply-held habits of thought, really do control how we interact with our stuff, our environment, our situation. Do you need help in changing your attitudes? Sue can help. She is just a phone call away. Just give her a call at 719-352-5535 or email her at Sue@withtimetospare.com.